Tuesday 25 February 2014

Waking up sleeping beauty

The story of sleeping beauty for me symbolises my journey with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). I became ill with CFS following my granddad's death. I struggled to deal with my grief and my immune system became repressed.


 Image 1
This was the start of my CFS, the black petals symbolises the grief and darkness that I felt suffocated me. Melatonin the hormone that the body produces to regulate sleep was one of the many tablets that was prescribed to me.






Image 2
At times I felt I could have slept for a hundred years.
Image 3
The wheel symbolises the spinning wheel from Sleeping Beauty. This is also the symbol of the earth's cycle of renewal and rebirth.
Image 4
The light that you start to see in this image is the symbol of healing and overcoming the darkness of grief.
Image 5
Sleeping Beauty is awakening holding the healing light in her hands.

Image 6
Sleeping Beauty is awake.
Hands are seen as a symbol of power, strength and protection. Pink and white rose petals are used to symbolise Grace, gentleness, happiness, purity and innocence.

1 comment: